- Anyway, the idea of the percept is secondary to the idea that there exists in art works forces that are outside of our control, so-called ‘lines of flight’ that resist inscription, stratification, capture.
- These standardized percepts may also be described as visual continuants.
- Smells and tastes are percepts that do not exist outside of the human observer, however, so an analysis of wine judgment that emphasises only chemosensory properties is incomplete.
- This is so because although information concerning the external world is received and processed through our senses, the resulting percepts and mental activities remain entirely private within one's own consciousness.
- As a psychological function, sensation is the means by which we process in consciousness the evidence of our senses and build up percepts of our world.
- I may be perceptually blind, but not all scientists will be, and out of this fact arises the possibility of new percepts and paradigms.
Mid 19th century: from Latin perceptum 'something perceived', neuter past participle of percipere 'seize, understand', on the pattern of concept.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of percept in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.