Made, done, or effected through the skin.
- The diagnosis was also confirmed in all three patients who had a preoperative percutaneous needle biopsy.
- Several types of skin testing instruments are available for percutaneous skin testing.
- Diagnosis usually requires incisional biopsy, but when necessary it can be made with a well planned percutaneous core needle biopsy.
- Example sentences
- Most of our specimens were obtained percutaneously either by the clinician, cytopathologist, or radiologist.
- With this method, blood cultures are taken simultaneously through the suspected central catheter and percutaneously from a distant site.
- Alternatively, a catheter can be inserted percutaneously through the anterior wall of the trachea.
Late 19th century: from Latin per cutem 'through the skin' + -aneous.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of percutaneous in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.