- Intense and impassioned: perfervid nationalismMore example sentences
- He was a perfervid nationalist who was jailed for his beliefs.
- He adopted one medium after another, fascinated at first by new formal possibilities and soon distracted into perfervid polemic.
- He was vacillating, bombastic, insecure and perfervid by turns, but his poetry is as delicately complex as any.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin perfervidus, from Latin per- 'utterly' + fervidus 'glowing hot, fiery'.
More definitions of perfervidDefinition of perfervid in:
- The British & World English dictionary