- An extract from a text, especially a passage from the Bible.More example sentences
- So how do we preach apocalyptic texts and Advent pericopes so that people will listen?
- If a casual perusal of the more popular monographs and periodical literature is any measure, observation of Scripture often can produce a study focused on an isolated pericope or text.
- The juxtaposition of this passage with the following pericope underscores this theme of discontinuity.
mid 17th century: via late Latin from Greek perikopē 'section', from peri- 'around' + kopē 'cutting' (from koptein 'to cut').
More definitions of pericopeDefinition of pericope in:
- The British & World English dictionary