- Relating to or denoting an area adjacent to a glacier or ice sheet or otherwise subject to repeated freezing and thawing.More example sentences
- These may be of fluviatile, glacial, periglacial, lacustrine, aeolian, or marine origin.
- Sandstone-filled cracks exposed at the unconformity are viewed as periglacial frost fissures.
- Hence the cracks probably developed following glacial retreat when the area containing the eroded surface of Bedford Sandstone was in a periglacial setting.
More definitions of periglacialDefinition of periglacial in:
- The British & World English dictionary