Definition of perilymph in English:
The fluid between the membranous labyrinth of the ear and the bone that encloses it.
- The light of visible lasers is not absorbed by clear fluids such as perilymph.
- A pressure gradient between the perilymph of the inner ear and the middle ear cavity can occur, causing rupture of the labyrinthine windows (round and oval) and leakage of perilymph into the middle ear.
- He found marked temperature elevations in perilymph fluids with visible lasers, and thus concluded that only non-visible lasers should be used for stapedotomy.
- Example sentences
- Exploration of the right ear suggested a fistula in the anterior annulus of the oval window, with perilymphatic fluid leak visible on Valsalva at middle ear exploration.
- Reducing intracranial and perilymphatic pressures through bed rest, head elevation and with stool softeners can help.
- By virtue of their perilymphatic distribution, sarcoid granulomas are concentrated around the airways.
Definition of perilymph in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia