Definition of perimenopause in English:
The period of a woman’s life shortly before the occurrence of the menopause.
- I treat a lot of women who are going through the perimenopause and menopause, and often their complaint is that even if hormonally they're feeling OK, there's a loss of libido.
- The timing of the fertile window is even less predictable for women with less regular cycles, which includes adolescents and women in their perimenopause.
- The median onset of the perimenopause is between 45.5 and 47.5 years.
- Example sentences
- Is it true that perimenopausal women get cravings for foodstuffs like pregnant women?
- We asked participating general practitioners to recruit perimenopausal or menopausal women who were facing a decision about whether to start, stop, or continue with hormone replacement therapy.
- Thus it is hard to know how relevant these findings are to healthy perimenopausal or postmenopausal women in their late 40's or early 50's who are not overweight.
Definition of perimenopause in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.