Definition of perinatology in English:
The branch of obstetrics dealing with the period of time around childbirth.
- His education includes an MD with clinical specialty training in perinatology (neonatology and obstetrics) and two years' postgraduate study with an advanced degree in perinatal science.
- Several patients were referred to perinatology for prescription of insulin to achieve ‘tight control’ of blood glucose levels.
- Here he champions perinatology, a concept based in the fact that childcare begins in the womb and, hence, obstetricians and paediatricians need to work together.
- Example sentences
- Consultation with a perinatologist experienced in parenteral nutrition, as well as a gastroenterologist or inpatient parenteral nutrition service, may be prudent.
- We have just completed a study of 71 perinatologists, 35 neonatal nurses, and 48 parents of extremely premature babies, seeking their views of our outcome table.
- When necessary, collaborative care with an obstetrician or perinatologist is advisable.
Definition of perinatology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan