nounchiefly • technical
- The quality or character of being periodic; the tendency to recur at intervals: the periodicity of the sunspot cycleMore example sentences
- Given the coincidence of this period with natural circadian periodicity, interventions designed to promote sleep might focus on widening this 1-hour window to make more time available for sleep.
- He found that when he arranged the elements in order of increasing atomic weight, similar properties were repeated at regular intervals; they displayed periodicity.
- Blue is also, in this poem, the emblem of temporal distance, and so of the shadow side, a blue shadow, of the mindful periodicity that orders our lives.
More definitions of periodicityDefinition of periodicity in:
- The British & World English dictionary