- The nervous system outside the brain and spinal cord.More example sentences
- The nervous system is subdivided into the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system.
- The autonomic nervous system includes parts of the central and peripheral nervous systems.
- The primary sites of toxicity are the central and peripheral nervous systems, with particular toxicity to the cerebellum and motor cortex.
More definitions of peripheral nervous systemDefinition of peripheral nervous system in:
- The British & World English dictionary