nounAnatomy & Medicine
- Situated or occurring around a ventricle, especially a ventricle of the brain.More example sentences
- This new pressure distends the ventricles, stretching surrounding nerve fibers and compressing the periventricular parenchyma.
- There was diffuse, abnormal signal intensity within the periventricular white matter, consistent with post radiation changes.
- Perfusion to the periventricular region actually may increase following shunt surgery.
More definitions of periventricularDefinition of periventricular in:
- The British & World English dictionary