- A form of obsidian characterized by spherlulites formed by cracking of the volcanic glass during cooling, used as insulation or in plant growth media.More example sentences
- The mix we use contains compost, peat, perlite, rock phosphates, blood meal, calcite clay and gypsum.
- With hot adhesives, however, it has to be paired with an insulation cover board of another type, such as perlite or wood fiber.
- These soil mixtures should include sand, peat moss, perlite, vermiculite, and fir bark for adequate drainage.
mid 19th century: from French, from perle 'pearl'.
More definitions of perliteDefinition of perlite in:
- The British & World English dictionary