- An entryway of brick steps adds warmth and character and helps to project a sense of quality and permanence.
- All of this is characterized by redundant aspects of stability, permanence and continuity.
- Other Italians admired the quality of permanence which printing gave to literature in general.
- Example sentences
- They have stability and permanency and support.
- The Society's plan of care provides permanency and stability, while recognizing the individual needs of each child.
- And I've always been fascinated by the sheer permanency of sculpture.
Late Middle English: from medieval Latin permanentia (perhaps via French), from permanent- 'remaining to the end', from the verb permanere.
Words that rhyme with permanenceimpermanence
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.