- A tooth in a mammal that replaces a temporary milk tooth and lasts for most of the mammal’s life.More example sentences
- One set of 20 non-permanent teeth precedes the permanent teeth, but the 12 molars are not replaced.
- Most kids stop grinding when they lose their baby teeth because permanent teeth are much more sensitive to pain.
- Injuries to both baby teeth and permanent teeth should be treated by a dentist.
More definitions of permanent toothDefinition of permanent tooth in:
- The British & World English dictionary