- A salt containing the anion MnO4−, typically deep purplish-red and with strong oxidizing properties.More example sentences
- He had very bad luck with the permanganate bleach and recommends the dichromate bleach instead.
- Each was instructed to wash his hands in a disinfecting permanganate solution.
- Histochemical stains for iron and melanin (Fontana-Masson with and without permanganate bleaching) were also reviewed.
More definitions of permanganateDefinition of permanganate in:
- The British & World English dictionary