Definition of perovskite in English:
1A yellow, brown, or black mineral consisting largely of calcium titanate.
- Some of the characteristic minerals found in kimberlite are perovskite, magnetite, and spinel.
- The catalyst, which was first studied for use in catalytic converters in the early 1970s, includes the mineral perovskite with palladium.
- Iron, for example, becomes non-magnetic and may tend to migrate from perovskite toward another mineral as the pressure rises.
1.1Any of a group of related minerals and ceramics having the same crystal structure as this.
- The product is based on mixed-metal oxide chemistry - blending two or more non-PGM metal components (such as perovskites and spinels).
- The new films include 10 or so alternating layers of positively charged dusters and negatively charged materials called perovskites.
Mid 19th century: from the name of L. A. Perovsky (1792–1856), Russian mineralogist, + -ite1.
Definition of perovskite in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.