Definition of perovskite in English:
1A yellow, brown, or black mineral consisting largely of calcium titanate.
- Some of the characteristic minerals found in kimberlite are perovskite, magnetite, and spinel.
- The catalyst, which was first studied for use in catalytic converters in the early 1970s, includes the mineral perovskite with palladium.
- Iron, for example, becomes non-magnetic and may tend to migrate from perovskite toward another mineral as the pressure rises.
1.1Any of a group of related minerals and ceramics having the same crystal structure as this.
- The product is based on mixed-metal oxide chemistry - blending two or more non-PGM metal components (such as perovskites and spinels).
- The new films include 10 or so alternating layers of positively charged dusters and negatively charged materials called perovskites.
mid 19th century: from the name of L. A. Perovsky (1792–1856), Russian mineralogist, + -ite1.
Definition of perovskite in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan