Definition of perplexing in English:
Completely baffling; very puzzling: a perplexing problem
More example sentences
- Others may present some of the most perplexing problems imaginable.
- The purpose of the following discussion is to explore some of the perplexing aspects of contemporary monetary analysis.
- Instead, we are confronted with definitive declarations, even regarding the most perplexing of texts.
- Example sentences
- Most perplexingly, how has this blinding intolerance become so ‘normal’ that such questions are not even asked?
- But then, perplexingly the great animals died off.
- In practice, the biographer has to choose not between lively and dull, but more subtly and perplexingly, between candid and glib.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan