Completely baffling; very puzzling: a perplexing problem
More example sentences
- Others may present some of the most perplexing problems imaginable.
- The purpose of the following discussion is to explore some of the perplexing aspects of contemporary monetary analysis.
- Instead, we are confronted with definitive declarations, even regarding the most perplexing of texts.
- More example sentences
- Most perplexingly, how has this blinding intolerance become so ‘normal’ that such questions are not even asked?
- But then, perplexingly the great animals died off.
- In practice, the biographer has to choose not between lively and dull, but more subtly and perplexingly, between candid and glib.