- A device that records television programmes on to a hard disk and allows manipulation of programmes while they are being transmitted.More example sentences
- Thanks to those awfully nice people at TiVo, I am enjoying the loan of one of their hard disk personal video recorders.
- It tries to fill the gap between increasingly obsolete video cassette recorders and hard-disk based personal video recorders.
- Our studies show people love personal video recorders, but they are hard to operate and hook up.
More definitions of personal video recorderDefinition of personal video recorder in:
- The British & World English dictionary