1The quality of being personal, especially a theory or system based on subjective ideas or applications: his sculpture investigating pure form from which all expressive personalism was eliminated
More example sentences
- Nationalism, on the other hand, tends to express itself in authoritarianism, emotionalism, personalism, vengefulness and mean-spiritedness.
- I believe the fundamental key he offers us is through the same personalism he uses to discuss the nature of marriage and men and women.
1.1 Philosophy A system of thought that maintains the primacy of the human or divine person on the basis that reality has meaning only through the conscious mind.
- Karol Wojtyla came to the papacy not merely as a bishop but as a professor of philosophy who had been writing about and teaching personalism in Poland long before the Second Vatican Council began.
- Moreover, in recent years the Christian theology of personalism has developed a new theoretical framework for understanding the person, including the goals of psychotherapy.
- The Catholic concept of personalism placed man in the context of God and sought to liberate his full potential.
- Example sentences
- Yet they, too, are typical of her alternating impersonalist and personalist tendencies.
- Direct-election proposals recognize that ideological and/or personalist parties would drain votes away from the major parties.
- In what ways are natural-law arguments in tension with personalist arguments?
- Example sentences
- Variables that interact thus can be situational, personalistic, or a combination of situational and personalistic factors.
- Like other personalistic leaders, he has preferred loyalists over experienced, well-trained experts when making government appointments.
- Proto-industrializarion and the fragmentation of holdings which it promoted presented new occasions for personalistic ties between landlord and tenant.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of personalism in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.