- A deeply ingrained and maladaptive pattern of behavior of a specified kind, typically manifest by the time one reaches adolescence and causing long-term difficulties in personal relationships or in functioning in society.More example sentences
- The former have an avoidant personality style, the latter an avoidant personality disorder.
- The long-term projection for people with paranoid personality disorder is bleak.
- People with schizoid personality disorder avoid relationships and do not show much emotion.
More definitions of personality disorderDefinition of personality disorder in:
- The British & World English dictionary