Having a ready insight into and understanding of things: it offers quite a few facts to the perspicacious reporter
More example sentences
- Would the webmaster like to comment on why my posting in this thread, which I considered to be insightful and perspicacious, was deleted?
- But you're not going to be reading this book for any perspicacious insight into the human condition.
- The feline anecdote was just one of a number of insights so perspicacious they subsequently acted as threads throughout the rest of the conference.
discerning, shrewd, perceptive, astute, penetrating, observant, percipient, sharp-witted, sharp, smart, alert, clear-sighted, farsighted, acute, clever, canny, intelligent, insightful, wise, sage, sensitive, intuitive, understanding, aware, discriminating
informal on the ball, heads-up, with it
- Example sentences
- Women don't have the same bits as men, he says perspicaciously.
- The poet perspicaciously told him, ‘the trouble with you is you don't know that art is a commodity.’
- As he has noted so perspicaciously elsewhere, ‘it is easy to overlook the reliance of an expanding economy on this humble commodity’.
Early 17th century: from Latin perspicax, perspicac- 'seeing clearly' + -acious.
Words that rhyme with perspicaciousAthanasius, audacious, bodacious, cactaceous, capacious, carbonaceous, contumacious, Cretaceous, curvaceous, disputatious, edacious, efficacious, fallacious, farinaceous, flirtatious, foliaceous, fugacious, gracious, hellacious, herbaceous, Ignatius, loquacious, mendacious, mordacious, ostentatious, pertinacious, pugnacious, rapacious, sagacious, salacious, saponaceous, sebaceous, sequacious, setaceous, spacious, tenacious, veracious, vexatious, vivacious, voracious
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.