- 1A hat with a low crown and broad brim, worn in ancient Greece.More example sentences
- Due to a condition I have with my eyes, I have to wear a wide brimmed hat at all times. For this reason, I went in search for an accurate straw petasus hat that I could wear while doing Roman events.
- 1.1 Greek Mythology A winged petasus worn by the god Hermes.More example sentences
- In the copy the god is shown without Hermes's petasus and his attribute had to be changed to conform with Pliny's description of the statue by Euphranor.
via Latin from Greek petasos.
More definitions of petasusDefinition of petasus in:
- The British & World English dictionary