Decrease or fade gradually before coming to an end: the storm had petered out
More example sentences
- Gradually Barcelona had petered out in that first half, Ronaldinho in particular.
- A path petered out a few feet from my washing line at the back.
- The men in green will be disappointed with their performance as their smooth first half petered out in the second.
early 19th century: of unknown origin.
Entry from British & World English dictionary
Either of two books of the New Testament, epistles ascribed to St. Peter.
- The purpose of this blog is to share and discuss info about recent New Testament research with a particular emphasis on 1 Peter.
- The biblical scholar John Dominic Crossan dates the account of the passion within the Gospel of Peter to the middle of the first century C.E.
Definition of peter in:
- British & World English dictionary