- Either of two books of the New Testament, epistles ascribed to St. Peter.More example sentences
- The purpose of this blog is to share and discuss info about recent New Testament research with a particular emphasis on 1 Peter.
- The biblical scholar John Dominic Crossan dates the account of the passion within the Gospel of Peter to the middle of the first century C.E.
More definitions of PeterDefinition of Peter in:
- The British & World English dictionary
- Decrease or fade gradually before coming to an end: the storm had petered outMore example sentences
- Gradually Barcelona had petered out in that first half, Ronaldinho in particular.
- A path petered out a few feet from my washing line at the back.
- The men in green will be disappointed with their performance as their smooth first half petered out in the second.
early 19th century: of unknown origin.
Entry from British & World English dictionary