- 1So frightened that one is unable to move; terrified: the petrified child clung to her motherMore example sentences
- I seriously can't cope with them - I'm petrified.
- A Director of Nursing learns of a records falsification by a young nurse, who is petrified of having made a mistake.
- I was always petrified - there don't have to be terrorists.
- 2(Of organic matter) changed into a stony substance; ossified: petrified woodMore example sentences
- Just off the road, the Aztec sandstone outcrops at Redstone Picnic Area are actually petrified sand dunes.
- Figures 24-26 are postcards advertising three petrified wood localities in the Dakotas.
- Riding through a homogenous ocean of petrified clay, we arrive at a remote campsite set within a cluster of trees.