Definition of petrophysics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of geology concerned with the physical properties and behavior of rocks.
- Specifically, the team will focus on the use of parallel computational systems for obtaining reservoir models using diverse data types including seismics, well-logs, petrophysics, reservoir history and fluid flow data.
- Petrophysics and Seismic Rock Property Analysis is the cornerstone of much of what we do at Veritas Hampson-Russell.
- Tigress Petrophysics allows petrophysicists to characterise reservoirs by analysing log and core data.
- Example sentences
- The stratigraphy of Unit 2 is known only from stratigraphic reports that are mainly based on cutting analyses and petrophysical interpretation.
- Changes in the petrophysical characteristics therefore are not caused by compositional variations, but are believed to result from internal matrix strain (density increase, porosity reduction).
- Other authors have disputed that there is a systematic correlation between porosity and permeability in dolostones, or that these two petrophysical parameters are enhanced in dolostones relative to limestones.
- Example sentences
- On Thursday the 75-year-old, who retired as chief petrophysicist with British Gas in 1992, paid a visit to the gas platform about 25 miles west of Blackpool.
- The Senior Petrophysicist will be a member of the department's expert team and will work on specific petrophysical tasks as well as being part of integrated project teams contributing to regional studies, prospect evaluations and field appraisal studies.
Definition of petrophysics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India