- another term for petrosal.More example sentences
- The normal course of the internal carotid artery in an adult sees the vessel enter the petrous temporal bone medial to the styloid process via the carotid canal.
- Caudal to the temporal lobe is the petrous portion of the temporal bone and the mastoid air cells.
- The jugular foramen, a passage between the petrous portion of the temporal bone and the jugular process of the occipital bone, may be divided into two parts by intrajugular processes.
late Middle English: from Latin petrosus 'stony, rocky', from petra 'rock', from Greek.
More definitions of petrousDefinition of petrous in:
- The British & World English dictionary