Definition of pewee in English:
A North American tyrant flycatcher with dark olive-gray plumage and a call that sounds like “pee-a-wee.”.
- Genus Contopus, family Tyrannidae: several species
- From the Atlantic coastline to the Pocomoke River and Forest, Worcester is home to pelicans and peewees, kingbirds and cuckoos, and herons, harriers, and eagles.
- On the island itself, titmice, chickadees, pewees, and at least one Red-bellied Woodpecker thrived.
- A pair of pewees darted between twigs above the path, calling occasionally, and a hummingbird or two whizzed overhead.
late 18th century: imitative.
Definition of pewee in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan