Definition of phacelia in English:
A herbaceous American plant with clustered blue, violet, or white flowers.
- Genus Phacelia, family Hydrophyllaceae
- On the desert floor all around us blossomed yellow desert dandelions and purple phacelias.
- This year I'm using winter tares - a winter hardy vetch which will fix nitrogen and provide good protection, but in the past I've also used clovers, buckwheat, phacelia and grazing rye.
- Silky phacelia stood purple and straight, pussy toes bowed their heads.
Definition of phacelia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India