- A herbaceous American plant with clustered blue, violet, or white flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Phacelia, family Hydrophyllaceae
- On the desert floor all around us blossomed yellow desert dandelions and purple phacelias.
- This year I'm using winter tares - a winter hardy vetch which will fix nitrogen and provide good protection, but in the past I've also used clovers, buckwheat, phacelia and grazing rye.
- Silky phacelia stood purple and straight, pussy toes bowed their heads.
modern Latin, from Greek phakelos 'cluster'.
More definitions of phaceliaDefinition of phacelia in:
- The British & World English dictionary