Definition of phaeton in English:
1A light, open, four-wheeled horse-drawn carriage.
- There were bailees, the two wheeled bullock carts with bright canopies, and palkees, and there were graceful English phaetons or buggies, drawn by well groomed Arab steeds.
- When Beekman purchased his coach from his agent in London, he was already the proud possessor of a chaise, a chariot, and a phaeton.
- And it was in this reliable old phaeton that I took her back to my home, strapping her and her sizeable dowry to the buckboard.
1.1US A vintage touring car.
- Discover how much money you can save on a new or leased Volkswagen Phaeton car by using our free price comparison service.
- The Phaeton is the perfect body style for fun. Whether you are cruising in a parade with the top up, or have it folded down for some open air highway driving, this is the kind of car that begs to be driven and yields more fun per mile than any other.
Words that rhyme with phaetonClayton, Deighton, Leighton, Paton, Satan, straighten, straiten
Definition of phaeton in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan