Definition of pharma in English:
1 (often in phrase big pharma) Pharmaceutical companies collectively as a sector of industry.
- The effective cure of the biggest killer in the Western world would have been a triumph for mankind, medicine, and big pharma.
- Academia does more basic research than pharma; pharma does more clinical work than academia.
- Among the many wiles exposed are big pharma's use of contract research organisations to exert undue influence over clinical research and its insidious seduction of doctors.
2A pharmaceutical company.
- Weighing up the risks, Pfizer faces the normal development delays and setbacks which pharmas encounter with regard to the timing, efficacy and market potential of new products.
- The big pharmas are always whining that their drugs have to cost so much because their R & D costs are so high.
- ‘Most pharmas sell chemically produced products,’ he said.
Definition of pharma in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan