noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of pharmacology concerned with the effect of genetic factors on reactions to drugs.More example sentences
- Therapeutics also needs to be studied in relationship to genetic factors, i.e., pharmacogenetics.
- The identification of specific genetic variations that underpin cardiovascular disease is providing new opportunities for diagnostic testing, pharmacogenetics, and drug development.
- In addition to providing patients specific anticancer drug therapies, pharmacogenetics will aid in the clinician's ability to predict adverse reactions before they occur and identify the potentials for complications.
More definitions of pharmacogeneticsDefinition of pharmacogenetics in:
- The British & World English dictionary