noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of pharmacology concerned with the movement of drugs within the body.More example sentences
- Methadone's unique pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics make it a valuable option in the management of cancer pain and other chronic pain, including neuropathic pain states.
- For those who teach basic principles of medicinal chemistry, pharmacology or pharmacokinetics this book provides a valuable resource for examples and mechanisms of drug-drug interactions.
- As oral cephalosporins have poor pharmacokinetics it would seem that amoxicillin or amoxicillin-clavulanate should usually be the first choice for therapy.
- More example sentences
- Despite the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic differences among various beta blockers, they have similar clinical antihypertensive efficacy.
- Also, bronchodilators may demonstrate different pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic characteristics during an acute exacerbation of asthma.
- The newer fluoroquinolone antibiotics also have improved pharmacokinetic parameters compared with the original quinolones.
More definitions of pharmacokineticsDefinition of pharmacokinetics in:
- The British & World English dictionary