Definition of pharmacopeia in English:
1A book, especially an official publication, containing a list of medicinal drugs with their effects and directions for their use.
- The official pharmacopoeia of the London College of Physicians of 1676 gave directions for the extraction of animal reproductive organs as a treatment for numerous illnesses and as sexual stimulants.
- A 1929 European pharmacopoeia listed 80 patent medicines whose ingredients were radioactive: they came in the form of bath salts, liniment, suppositories, and toothpaste.
- The solution is to develop an official pharmacopoeia similar to the German commission E monographs.
1.1A stock of medicinal drugs.
- When arrested, Ryder was found to have not only store merchandise in her purse, but a virtual pharmacopeia.
- But to dispense is to feel and to feel is an honor, which might just provide a precious second chance at realization and is this not better than any pharmacopoeia?
- By modern standards, Civil War pharmacopoeia consisted almost entirely of deadly poisons.
Definition of pharmacopeia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan