- A part of a molecular structure that is responsible for a particular biological or pharmacological interaction that it undergoes.More example sentences
- This pharmacophore identifies two important hydrogen-bonding interactions at opposite ends of the ligand.
- The phenothiazine ring is a well-known pharmacophore, and chlorpromazine is a prototype of this class of antipsychotic drugs.
- The similar mechanism of action of paclitaxel, the epothilones, discodermolide and eleutherobin has led to the suggestion that these structurally dissimilar substances possess common pharmacophores.
More definitions of pharmacophoreDefinition of pharmacophore in:
- The British & World English dictionary