Definition of pharmacy in English:
noun (plural pharmacies)
1A store where medicinal drugs are dispensed and sold.
- Individual tablets are being sold in pharmacies without appropriate diagnosis or supervision.
- At the doses recommended on products available in pharmacies and health food shops, the ingredients appear to be safe.
- They can be bought over-the-counter at pharmacies and health food shops.
1.1The science or practice of the preparation and dispensing of medicinal drugs.
- As Langenheim demonstrates, the list of uses of resins in folk medicine and pharmacy alone is huge.
- Ever mindful of his training in pharmacy he did not fail to criticise what he saw as defects in The London Pharmacopoeia.
Definition of pharmacy in:
- British & World English dictionary