1The process of genetically modifying plants and animals so that they produce substances that may be used as pharmaceuticals.
- An outgrowth of genetic engineering, the technique has been branded "pharming."
- Dubbed "pharming" by its opponents, this is the latest step in technology which allows medicines to be grown in plants.
- The genetic engineering of livestock for human medical applications is known as pharming.
2The fraudulent practice of directing Internet users to a bogus website that mimics the appearance of a legitimate one, in order to obtain personal information such as passwords, account numbers, etc.
- The next wave of Internet-related scams, however, may move from phishing to pharming.
- Another theoretical variation on pharming is based on Domain Name System poisoning.
- To understand pharming, you need a little background on DNS.
Words that rhyme with pharmingcharming, disarming
Definition of pharming in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.