Definition of pharming in English:
1The process of genetically modifying plants and animals so that they produce substances that may be used as pharmaceuticals.
- An outgrowth of genetic engineering, the technique has been branded "pharming."
- Dubbed "pharming" by its opponents, this is the latest step in technology which allows medicines to be grown in plants.
- The genetic engineering of livestock for human medical applications is known as pharming.
2The fraudulent practice of directing Internet users to a bogus website that mimics the appearance of a legitimate one, in order to obtain personal information such as passwords, account numbers, etc.
- The next wave of Internet-related scams, however, may move from phishing to pharming.
- Another theoretical variation on pharming is based on Domain Name System poisoning.
- To understand pharming, you need a little background on DNS.
Definition of pharming in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia