- The technique in microscopy of introducing a phase difference between parts of the light supplied by the condenser so as to enhance the outlines of the sample, or the boundaries between parts differing in optical density.More example sentences
- Images were obtained on a Zeiss Axiophot microscope equipped with fluorescence and phase contrast.
- Giant vesicles were observed either by phase contrast or by differential interference contrast with an inverted microscope (Axiovert 135, Carl Zeiss, Germany).
- In addition, by 3-5 days after the temperature shift, early germ cells in many testes had abnormal morphology and appeared refractile in phase contrast, characteristic of dying cells.
More definitions of phase contrastDefinition of phase contrast in:
- The British & World English dictionary