- A diagram representing the limits of stability of the various phases in a chemical system at equilibrium, with respect to variables such as composition and temperature.More example sentences
- The phase rule applied thermodynamic principles to chemical equilibria and allowed Roozeboom to develop a phase diagram of the iron carbon system.
- One can draw a phase diagram to represent whether the system lies in a region of bistability (the system works) or in a region of monostability (the system does not work).
- A phase diagram is a plot of temperature against pressure for a particular substance and it shows the equilibria which exist between different states of matter under different physical conditions.
More definitions of phase diagramDefinition of phase diagram in:
- The British & World English dictionary