- A synthetic compound derived from piperidine, used as a veterinary anesthetic and in hallucinogenic drugs such as angel dust.More example sentences
- Ketamine was derived from phencyclidine in the 1960s for use as a dissociative anesthetic.
- Hallucinogens, such as phencyclidine (PCP or angel dust) produce schizophrenic-like symptoms in healthy people.
- Random drug testing was conducted on urine specimens to detect the use of amphetamines, opiates, cocaine, marijuana, and phencyclidine.
More definitions of phencyclidineDefinition of phencyclidine in:
- The British & World English dictionary