noun (plural phenocopies)Genetics
- An individual showing features characteristic of a genotype other than its own, but produced environmentally rather than genetically.More example sentences
- RNA interference with maxillopedia double-stranded RNA results in phenocopies of mxp mutant phenotypes ranging from partial to complete transformations.
- On the basis of these data and the observation that antisense expression of At4g29830 resulted in a phenocopy of the vip phenotype, we concluded that At4g29830 is the VIP3 gene.
- While transposon mutagenesis involves elaborate PCR screening, RNAi generates only gene-specific phenocopies of loss-of-function mutations and does not always cause a true null phenotype.
More definitions of phenocopyDefinition of phenocopy in:
- The British & World English dictionary