- A synthetic compound related to hydantoin, used as an anticonvulsant in the treatment of epilepsy.More example sentences
- Anticonvulsants, such as phenytoin and carbamazepine, may be given to control epileptic fits.
- Drugs called anti-convulsants, such as phenytoin and valproic acid, are used to stop the involuntary action of the diaphragm.
- The anticonvulsant drugs phenytoin and valproic acid appear to interfere with folate absorption.
More definitions of phenytoinDefinition of phenytoin in:
- The British & World English dictionary