Definition of philodendron in English:
noun (plural philodendrons or philodendra-drə)
A tropical American climbing plant that is widely grown as a greenhouse or indoor plant.
- Genus Philodendron, family Araceae
- Aloe vera, chrysanthemums, golden pothos, philodendrons, and spider plants are believed to be effective air filters.
- There are many more plants that will thrive in medium light, among them Irish moss, Tahitian bridal veil, heart-leaved philodendron, pitcher plant, and butterwort.
- If you've got sun for half a day your options are widened to those plants with broad glossy green leaves such as philodendrons, monsteras and umbrella trees.
Definition of philodendron in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan