Definition of philtrum in English:
1The vertical groove between the base of the nose and the border of the upper lip.
- Geordie leaned over and carefully daubed a Hitler moustache across Danny's philtrum.
- A flat or smooth philtrum can present in persons with fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
- Nevertheless, early correction may be indicated because the prolabium usually contains more than enough tissue to create a philtrum of normal size.
1.1The junction between the two halves of the upper lip or of an animal’s nose.
- A midline groove called the philtrum divides the rhinarium into two, each half containing a nostril.
- Two dogs were presented with dermal arteritis of the nasal philtrum associated with repeated episodes of bleeding.
- Superficial ulcers appear on the dorsum of the tongue, hard palate, and nasal philtrum.
Words that rhyme with philtrumoutcome • sugarplum • lanthanum
Definition of philtrum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan