Definition of phimosis in English:
A congenital narrowing of the opening of the foreskin so that it cannot be retracted.
- Circumcision will prevent several conditions that cause an accumulation of fluid and swelling around the foreskin and glans, as well as a problem known as phimosis, which is the inability to retract the foreskin.
- Paraphimosis must be distinguished from phimosis, a nonemergency condition in which the foreskin cannot be pulled back.
- If you have phimosis and you keep getting repeat attacks of balanitis, then circumcision (removal of the foreskin) may be considered.
- Example sentences
- This site discusses phimosis in its specific forms of phimotic ring, frenulum breve, adhesions or skinbridges.
- On an uncircumcized penis (only), a phimotic ring is a hardened, calloused or keratinized ring at the end (tip) of the foreskin.
Definition of phimosis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan