Definition of phlox in English:
A North American plant that typically has dense clusters of colorful scented flowers, widely grown as a rock-garden or border plant.
- Genus Phlox, family Polemoniaceae
- Creeping phlox, thyme and aubrietia grow between terrace stones, in typical English fashion, next to a creeping bent lawn.
- If you pick perennial plants, like the alpine phlox or gazania, then you can divide them and propagate them throughout the border.
- Try poppies, cornflowers, stocks, love-in-a-mist, cosmos, mignonette, larkspur, honesty, ox-eye daisies, marigolds, phlox, sunflowers, zinnias - whatever takes your fancy.
Words that rhyme with phloxbox, cox, detox, fox, Foxe, Knox, lox, outfox, ox, pox, Stocks
Definition of phlox in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.