- A tough, hard form of bronze containing a small amount of phosphorus, used especially for bearings.More example sentences
- Corrosion rates are higher with hydrochloric acid than with sulphuric acid, but phosphor bronze, aluminium bronze and the CMA alloys are frequently used.
- Overall, the wear resistance of gunmetal is not as good as phosphor bronze.
- The centre boss is made from phosphor bronze, the spool plates and back plate from high grade bar stock aluminium: brass is used for the beautiful caliper check spring, the spokes, and for the reel foot.
More definitions of phosphor bronzeDefinition of phosphor bronze in:
- The British & World English dictionary