- A cathode that emits electrons when illuminated, causing an electric current.More example sentences
- The photocathode in the night scope that converts visible light into electrons is sensitive to both visible light and some infrared radiation.
- Reflections from the target were focused on a converter unit containing a photocathode, which provided the viewer with a reconstructed image.
- If excitation light rejection at the photocathode were not an issue, this might simply require an increased integration time or gain setting to acquire a sufficient fluorescence signal for processing.
More definitions of photocathodeDefinition of photocathode in:
- The British & World English dictionary