Definition of photodegrade in English:
(Of a substance or object) be decomposed by the action of light, especially sunlight: the fiber will photodegrade in about 6 months
More example sentences
- Instead they "photodegrade," a process whereby sunlight breaks them into progressively smaller pieces, all of which are still plastic polymers.
- The data of Table 4 show that lignin samples mixed with UV screens showed less tendency to photodegrade than similar samples in the absence of UV screens.
- Spartan herbicide does not photodegrade at the soil surface.
- Example sentences
- Three types of pesticide degradation are microbial, chemical, and photodegradation.
- All operations were carried out on ice under a dim green safe light to prevent photodegradation, isomerization and structural changes of the pigments.
- However, the mechanism of porphyrin photodegradation can be complex and differs in solution and in biological media.
Definition of photodegrade in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.