Definition of photodegrade in English:
(Of a substance or object) be decomposed by the action of light, especially sunlight: the fiber will photodegrade in about 6 months
More example sentences
- Instead they "photodegrade," a process whereby sunlight breaks them into progressively smaller pieces, all of which are still plastic polymers.
- The data of Table 4 show that lignin samples mixed with UV screens showed less tendency to photodegrade than similar samples in the absence of UV screens.
- Spartan herbicide does not photodegrade at the soil surface.
- Example sentences
- Three types of pesticide degradation are microbial, chemical, and photodegradation.
- All operations were carried out on ice under a dim green safe light to prevent photodegradation, isomerization and structural changes of the pigments.
- However, the mechanism of porphyrin photodegradation can be complex and differs in solution and in biological media.
Definition of photodegrade in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan