- A device that detects or responds to incident light by using the electrical effect of individual photons.More example sentences
- A plurality of photodetectors is used to detect the light and determine a first three-dimensional position of the interaction.
- As the optical input signal (blue line) to a photodetector increases, the electrical output signal (red line) increases proportionally, and then begins to deviate from linear.
- In the simple experiment, a converging lens focuses laser light from two pinholes onto two different photodetectors.
More definitions of photodetectorDefinition of photodetector in:
- The British & World English dictionary