- A semiconductor diode that, when exposed to light, generates a potential difference or changes its electrical resistance.More example sentences
- The receiver uses a photocell or photodiode to detect the light.
- Semiconductor photodiodes offer high-sensitivity and low-noise operation, enabling them to detect very low light levels; attenuating filters must be used for high powers.
- The sensor consists of a silicon photodiode, with a pre-amp that gives enough signal for the voice channel of a small radio transmitter.
More definitions of photodiodeDefinition of photodiode in:
- The British & World English dictionary